The South/Western Shakedown is A Go at the Blyth Campground!
May 20 – 24th, 2018
If you live in the south or western part of Ontario, here’s a great opportunity to “shake down” your rig in time for the 2018 camping season. Host John Walton has sites reserved from Sunday, May 20 to Thursday, May 24th at the Blyth Campground, aka the Blyth Fairground, at 377 Gypsy Lane, Blyth.
The camping fee is $25 per night taxes included, as well as hydro & water. John will accept payment at the rally either by cash or cheque made out to WBCCI Ontario Unit. In addition, a kitty fee of $3 per person will be collected to common costs such as coffee and some snacks. We’ll have some indoor space available to gather.
It being a shakedown, there is no formal program, per se. John, and Co-hosts Peter and Gail Meyler are planning a couple of BYO snacks and beverage happy hours. They’ll also arrange an open menu, pay your own bill dinner at the Blyth Inn. Check the menu at http://blythinn.ca/restaurant.php
The theatre season won’t start until later, but there’s still lots to do and see in this beautiful part of the province. Here are a few picks:
· Cowbell Brewing Company for craft beer and eats: www.cowbellbrewing.com
· The Old Mill – Self-proclaimed as Canada’s largest leather store: www.theoldmill.ca
· Pianovations Music Centre for the instrument-lovers amongst us: www.pianovations.com
· The Wonky Frog for lovers of arts and crafts
· Boutique-y shops in Blyth and Goderich
· Nearby lakeshore and beach access.
From the shakedown, you can travel approximately 2-hour (160 km) to your next stop – the Spring Rally in Stayner, near Collingwood.
Please RSVP to John Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org so he’ll know to expect you and when.